Our Church History
In many cases today's congregations began in homes, stores and schools. That is the case with Mebane Street church of Christ.
The congregation first met in the 200 block of South Main Street over Mann's Drug Store in Burlington in 1952. Later they met in the basement of a member's home.
In 1953 the group bought land to build a building on the corner of Vaughn Road and Baldwin Road in Burlington, meeting at Eastlawn Elementary School while the building was being constructed. Much of the construction of the building was done by members.
Our current building was constructed in 1972 at the corner of North Mebane Street and Cobb Avenue. Our facilities allow us to worship, serve God and our community.