Hindu’s in India celebrating Maha Kumba Mela in 2021. Photo from zeenews.india.com
1. CLOSE TO HOME: As of April 30, 2021 – six of our teachers and their families got the virus and are on the sidelines. Please pray for them.
2. Saturday, April 27, 2021: 30 people were brought to the hospital with extreme respiratory distress and not a single one got admitted in and received treatment of any form. Every single one died at the doorstep of the hospital in a single day.
3. There is no room in cemeteries to bury the dead. There is no room to cremate bodies separately in crematoriums – they are being piled up and burned.
4. Dead bodies are being piled up on streets. One taxi driver dumped a body on the streets and left after he tried to take her to the hospital and she died on the way. There are dead bodies that are being rotten in people’s houses as nobody want to perform the final rites for them.
5. Richest people left the country. The next richer folks paid money ahead to save ICU beds for them and their families. Just in case they get sick they are assured of a bed for themselves. What that means is the people who are dying and are in need of an ICU bed are denied help even though the beds are empty.
6. Much needed drugs are being sold in black market – though they are not available to the hospitals they are readily available in black market. A $25 drug is being sold for $1,500 (or more depending on the demand) in the black market.
7. It is estimated that India will record 1 Million fresh daily cases in May. And deaths will easily go past 500,000 – 700,000 by August.
8. Last year, children did not get the virus but this year 50% cases are among children.
9. People are dying from disease and desperation for food, medicines, etc.
10. Government is claiming this to be a double mutant variant but one thing they will never mention is that they cancelled the Ramadan festival for Muslims and permitted the Maha Kumba Mela for Hindus where over 200 Million people gathered on the banks of river Ganges and took baths and since then the cases skyrocketed.
11. URGENT NEEDS – food, medicines, emergency medical equipment etc. for both our own brothers and sisters in the church and those outside the church as well.
12. We need prayers
THANKS for all the continued prayers.
At the time of the writing of this update (April 30, 2021) we had over 400,000 fresh COVID cases and over 3900 deaths in the past 24 hours. We are recording over 100,000 deaths a month.
It is like watching an Apocalyptic movie. I say that because we are being immersed in fire with all the things happening around us. One source estimates that over half a billion individuals are currently in the grips of this virus in India. There is no place for the sick at hospitals; no place for the dead at the crematoriums and graveyards.
Mission Needs in India
FOOD AND OTHER EMERGENCY SUPPLIES
ONGOING ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES PER MONTH
1. 50 lbs. rice bag – $30
2. Vegetable bag – $10
3. Groceries bag – $10
4. Cooked Meals – $2
5. Pulses – $2
6. Cooking oil – $2
7. Eggs – $10 per 100
8. Laundry supplies – $10
9. Personal supplies – $10
10. Firewood, propane, LPG for cooking – $25
11. Food for children under 36 months – $5
12. Transportation and gas for our workers
At the above estimation we need $30,000 a month to help 500 FAMILIES This level of need is estimated for the coming 3-4 months
*** These amounts are as they are today. Due to the emergency circumstances of the pandemic there is quite a bit of increase in price, albeit unlawful.
7 HINDUS TURN TO THE LORD
So thankful for the faith of these few individuals who committed their souls to walk with Jesus.
Please pray for them and our entire team of ministers.
Thankful for the partnership we have with y'all in this Mission.